“What we once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.” - Helen Keller
Grief is an experience none of us will escape. Perhaps we’ve lost a parent, a child, or dear friend and we struggle with a new reality that’s been thrust upon us – uninvited. Maybe our loss comes in the form of a job, a relationship, an illness, or idea of who we once were. Even those things we’ve ended deliberately, knowingly, can create a loss; the weight of which feels unbearable.
In our bodies, the response to this heaviness is always the same – to grieve.
Grief asks us to slow down and acknowledge the presence of a meaningful change in our lives. Experiential therapy creates an environment wherein the grieving process can help us grow through our losses. Please join us for an experiential intensive retreat dedicated to the experience of loss and the transformational power of grief.
The retreat will take place 8 AM – 4 PM Saturday, September 28th at Triple Creek Ranch in Franklin, TN.
A required information session will occur at 6 PM on Thursday, September 26th at The Refuge Center for Counseling offices.
· A required informational session providing psychoeducational information about grief, experiential therapy, and group dynamics (2 hours)
· A full day of group experiential therapy focused on grief in a natural environment (8 hours)
· Trauma-Sensitive yoga opportunity
· Equine experience
· Nurturing & nutritious lunch
· Two (2-hour) follow up group experiences at The Refuge Center (4 hours)
· A detailed Resource Guide for continued care
· Opportunity to build connections with others on journey of grief transformation